SCREEN-L Archives

November 1992

From:
"(Carol Slingo)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1992 08:26:06 CST
I mentioned this to Jeremy and thought others might be interested.  The
reason I did not immediately spot WHAT A WAY TO GO in the film I was trying
to identify is that Bombay moviemakers are too conservative to make a film
about a widow.  Would not make money either.  So the heroine does not marry
these guys (except the last one) and of course they don't die.  The plot is
rewritten around business.  (And there's no bull-milking scene.)

--Carol