SCREEN-L Archives

February 2015, Week 2

From:
Susan Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2015 18:12:12 -0700
Call for Submissions  CineAction Issue # 96

This issue is devoted to the exploration of sexual politics in narrative
film.  We invite an array of possibilities ranging from pre-code Hollywood
through international cinemas in the present day.  Although contemporary
cinema has evolved to include a broad perspective on sexuality and gender
politics, one can equally argue that the Sternberg-Dietrich collaborations
in the 30s, for example, are as audacious and radical in terms of their
treatment of these issues as any produced thereafter.  We welcome any
creative interpretation of the subject, considering how the cinema’s
potential to address sexual politics helps challenge and define a cultural
identity.

Submission Deadline:  March 15, 2015
Papers may be sent in hard copy or emailed to the editors:
Richard Lippe ([log in to unmask])
Florence Jacobowitz ([log in to unmask])
40 Alexander Street, Apt. 705, Toronto, Canada M4Y 1B5