SCREEN-L Archives

January 2000, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 08:29:02 -0600
Readers of SCREEN may be interested to know that you may receive e-mail
announcements of each issue from Oxford University Press.  For more
information, go to:

http://www3.oup.co.uk/jnls/tocmail/

>Date:         Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:50:24 GMT
>From: OUP WWW account <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Table of Contents for
>Screen, Volume 40, Issue 4: Winter 1999.
>
>Available on the World Wide Web at:
>         http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/
>
>Advertising and femininity: the case of Our Mutual Girl,
>M Luckett, pp. 363-383.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400363.sgm.abs.html
>
>Uncle Tom, Goldilocks and the Rough Riders: early cinema's encounter with
>empire,
>K Whissel, pp. 384-404.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400384.sgm.abs.html
>
>White man, white mask: Mephisto meets Venus,
>A Imre, pp. 405-422.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400405.sgm.abs.html
>
>Processes of subjectification in Fassbinder's I Only Want You to Love Me,
>T Grisham, pp. 423-445.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400423.sgm.abs.html
>
>Reports and debates. Debate: Crash and film censorship in the UK,
>A Kuhn, pp. 446-450.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400446.sgm.abs.html
>
>Reports and debates. Report. Researching the reception of indigenous
>affairs in Australia,
>A McKee, pp. 451-454.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400451.sgm.abs.html
>
>Reports and debates. Report. New perspectives on expressionist film I.
 >From Caligari to Kuhle Wampe: the golden age of German cinema, 1919-32.
>University of Edinburgh, 26-18 March 1999,
>S MacKenzie, pp. 454-456.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400454.sgm.abs.html
>
>Review. Distorted Images: British National Identity and Film in the 1920s.
>K Bamford\The Unknown Thirties: an Alternative History of the British
>Cinema, 1929-1939. J Richards [ed],
>S Street, pp. 457-460.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400457.sgm.abs.html
>
>Review. Television Under the Tories: Broadcasting Policy, 1979-97. P
>Goodwin\Independent Television in Britain, Volume 5. ITV & IBA 1981-92:
>The Old Relationship Changes. P Bonner, L Aston,
>M Scholes, pp. 461-466.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400461.sgm.abs.html
>
>Review. Understanding Animation. P Wells\Reading the Rabbit: Explorations
>in Warner Bros. Animation. KS Sandler [ed],
>R Neupert, pp. 467-471.
>         Details:
> http://www3.oup.co.uk/screen/hdb/Volume_40/Issue_04/400467.sgm.abs.html
>
>Review. Undressing Cinema: Clothing and Identity in the Movies. S Bruzzi,
> [...]

----
Jeremy Butler
ScreenSite http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite
Telecommunication & Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa