SCREEN-L Archives

April 1992

Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1992 19:46:47 EDT
I only watched 30 minutes of STOMPIN' AT THE SAVOY.  What I saw was exposition
piled on exposition.

My sense of the way they were going was that this was a version of the
'sixties Paula Prentiss, Connie Francis film WHERE THE BOYS ARE moved to
Harlem.  Even Lynn Whitfield couldn't salvage the portion that I saw.

My guess is that as a made-for-tv film with nothing really going for it, the
picture won't be commercially released.  At the same time I suspect that there
are likely off-the-air copies 'round and about.

Cal Pryluck                               <PRYLUCK@TEMPLEVM>
Dept of Radio-Television-Film             <[log in to unmask]>
Temple University
Philadelphia, PA 19122