SCREEN-L Archives

March 2004, Week 3

From:
Gary Harmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:48:51 EST
In a message dated 3/15/04 2:54:01 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Hello. Does anyone out there know of any films, other than Last of the
> > Mohicans and Stagecoach, that contain footage of Native Americans?
> Documentary
> > footage is preferred, but any fiction anyone could recommend would also be
> > very helpful.

No one has mentioned THUNDERHEART so far.     A serious effort to offer a
version
of Indian historical encounters with majority military culture.

Or BLACK ROBE.    Another serious effort to include native Indians.

Or the TNT Native Indian biopic films--one of which was GERONIMO.

Kevin Kostner served as narrator of a TNT documentary called, I think, 500
NATIONS.
Would you be interested in that kind of film work?