SCREEN-L Archives

February 1993

From:
Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1993 18:21:25 EST
I don't remember seeing the blond person the original poster saw;  I
did see a few glimpses of a man with a small frame.  I was an avid
watcher of Laugh-In, esp. in its 1st season.  One of the frequent (if not
regulars) from that time was an Englishman - I think it might have been
Davy Jones of Monkees fame.

In case there is doubt about the relevance of this tv question, I think
one link (at least) was provided by the appearence of Otto Preminger.
His film, SKIDOO (1968) -- one of the the absolutely worst films ever made
(it makes you embarrased to watch it!) is very much inspired by the kind
of pacing and visuals that Laugh-In made famous.  (And come on, some of
those skits were very funny.)

Bob Kosovsky
Graduate Center -- Ph.D. Program in Music(student)/ City University of New York
New York Public Library -- Music Division
bitnet:   [log in to unmask]        internet: [log in to unmask]
Disclaimer:  My opinions do not necessarily represent those of my institutions.