SCREEN-L Archives

February 2015, Week 2

Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:35:47 +0000
Sender:
From:
"Katharine P. Zakos" <[log in to unmask]>
liquid blackness is undertaking a long term research project on the legendary yet seldom seen film: Larry Clark's 1977 Passing Through. Studying the potential of the arts and politics of the jazz ensemble, we are developing an experimental project of collective research that will unfold throughout the year, and culminate in a public screening and symposium in Fall 2015.

To coincide with the special research project, liquid blackness will publish its fifth issue dedicated to a range of topics as well as methodological and theoretical questions prompted by, but not at all limited to, the study of the film. A Call for Proposals is attached to this email with further information about the issue and details on how to submit.

Please feel free to circulate this announcement widely and to direct all questions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or to our Coordinator, Dr. Alessandra Raengo, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

If you would like to subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates on this and future events, please send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with "subscribe" in the subject line. Additional information on the liquid blackness initiative can be found on our website. For your convenience, links to our website and social media are listed below.

[cid:image001.png@01CF3ECA.716F01D0]
www.liquidblackness.com<http://www.liquidblackness.com>
www.facebook.com/liquidblackness<http://www.facebook.com/liquidblackness>
@liquidblackness<https://twitter.com/liquidblackness>