SCREEN-L Archives

December 1992

From:
Lezlie Shell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1992 14:46:14 CST
A British film titled "The Oilman" is sometimes listed in Martin Shaw's
credits.  With only a title to go on, nobody has been able to track down
a copy.  However, a recent Daily Mail profile of Mona Bauwens has provided
some additional information.  I'm hoping that one of you film sleuths
can either give me information about the film or suggest how I should
go about my search.

Briefly, the film was one of two made around 1985 by a company called
Streetwise.  Mona Bauwens was the money behind the company.  The other film
listed as being made in the same year is "Murder: Ultimate Grounds for
Divorce".

I called the British Film Institute.  They had a listing for "Murder..."
but nothing on "The Oilman".  The person on the information line thinks it
might have been made but not released.

What should be my next step?

Lezlie