SCREEN-L Archives

April 2018, Week 1

From:
Eric Hoyt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2018 19:00:50 +0000
At the Media History Digital Library, we have scanned two six-month volumes of HOLLYWOOD REPORTER from the 1930s. They are freely available at these URLs:

- Jan-Jun 1933.  http://www.archive.org/stream/hollywoodreporte1215wilk#page/n3/mode/2up

- Jan-Jun 1934. http://www.archive.org/stream/hollywoodreporte1215wilk#page/n3/mode/2up

As far as I know, HOLLYWOOD REPORTER’s early run is not available online beyond those short volumes. This is a shame. The REPORTER was the US film industry’s most important LA-based trade paper of the 1930s and 1940s.

I would be very interested in collaborating with others on digitizing the out-of-copyright years of HOLLYWOOD REPORTER for open access. If there are members of this listserv who have bound volumes of HR that they would consider loaning for scanning or who have funds that could help subsidize the costs, please contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Eric Hoyt

Associate Professor of Media and Cultural Studies
Department of Communication Arts
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Director, Media History Digital Library
http://mediahistoryproject.org