SCREEN-L Archives

March 1992

Sender:
From:
"Michael Silbergleid (MSILBERUA1VM)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1992 22:13:23 CST
Although we are all supposed to be professions, the question of the ethical use
 of grey area "fair use" videotapes in the classroom is important with regard t
o what our students see.  Do we tell students in production and law classes
 that copyright infringement is illegal and show a tape in class which might vi
olate copyright laws?  How many of use still have tapes recorded off-air that a
re more than 45 days old that we continue to show our classes?