SCREEN-L Archives

January 2005, Week 5

From:
Su Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:24:55 +0000
Dear all

I am trying to track down copies of British films of the 1950s which are in
some way about television. These seem less readily available than similar US
films from this period. (This is not just a case of needing to view, as I am
after copies for teaching purposes). Films referred to in existing sources
(Stokes, 1999, Barr, 1986) include titles such as:

The Body Said No (1951, Val Guest)
Meet Mr. Lucifer (1953, Anthony Pelissier)
Simon and Laura (1956, Muriel Box)
Make Mine a Million (1959, Lance Comfort).

Meet Mr. Lucifer would be particularly useful.

If anyone knows of a possible route to getting hold of any of these, I would
appreciate it!

Thanks
SU

http://www.ScreenSite.org