SCREEN-L Archives

February 1993

From:
"Dr. Joseph Chuk" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1993 14:58:38 -0500
Greetings!

I'm Joe Chuk from Kutztown University, one of the 14 universities in the
State System of Higher Education in Pennsylvania. I teach in a program
with over 300 undergrad majors and about 25 graduate students.

My activities on campus include serving as faculty advisor both for a nightly
(Mon thru Thur) cable-delivered TV newscast and for the campus chapter of
NBS/AERho.

Although I teach a range of theory and production courses, my area of
special interest is program content, especially as related to media
ethics. I have a background in religion (including a terminal degree) and
am doing dissertation research in the portrayal of moral decision-making
in prime-time fiction for a mass comm degree. Before starting to teach
full time in 1987, I worked in radio and TV broadcasting and corporate
communications for a total of 10 years.

JOSEPH R. CHUK                  OFFICE PHONE    (215) 683-4491
Associate Professor             HOME PHONE      (215) 799-0337
Telecommunications Dept.        INTERNET        [log in to unmask]
Kutztown University             COMPUSERVE      76360,2476
P.O. Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530-0730