SCREEN-L Archives

March 2006, Week 3

From:
Robert Keser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:08:41 -0600
_Berkeley Square_ has never been released in home viewing format and is considered something of a holy grail for film collectors. One collector in San Francisco, with access to archives in Europe and Latin America, has never been able to track down an undamaged copy. In fact, even the 1951 remake starring Tyrone Power, Roy Ward Baker's _I'll Never Forget You_ (aka _The House in the Square_) has proven very hard to find. It's almost as if the surrealists were playing a private joke!

--Robert Keser