SCREEN-L Archives

July 1992

From:
Gayle Gleason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1992 18:08:06 EDT
This could be interesting....

Father of the Bride with Spencer Tracy had a cocktail party in which
 he was stuck in  the kitchen making the cocktails, but in the remake,
 alcohol was down-played and I only remember seeing wine and champange.
 Talk about changing attitudes towards alcohol!!!

 But some movies that would have plenty of alcohol in them would be any
 and all of the Thin Man movies with William Powell and Myrna Loy. Actually,
 I kind of wonder how they solved any mysteries.....Nick always seemed
 plastered.

 --Gayle Gleason