SCREEN-L Archives

July 1997, Week 4

From:
"Dale T. Adams" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:33:20 -0400
I am new to this e-mail communication.  In fact, this is my first attempt to
send something.  At any rate, I'm wondering if any of you are interested in
the career of Budd Boetticher?  If so, I am interested in talking with you.
 What some of you might not know, even if you are familiar with Boetticher's
work, is that he produced, directed, and starred in an 85-minute docudrama
about the "rejoneador" (a bullfighter on horseback) featuring Boetticher and
his wife, Mary, performing on their exquisite Portuguese Lusitano and Spanish
Andalusian horses.  The film also features Robert Stack, who starred in
Boetticher's "The Bullfighter and the Lady," and Carlos Arruza, Jr., the son
of Carlos Arruza, Mexico's most famous bullfighter and the subject of
Boetticher's now mythic/cultist "Arruza."

Dale T. Adams

University of Alabama.