SCREEN-L Archives

December 2011, Week 1

From:
Miriam Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2011 23:27:09 +1300
Apologies for cross-posting.

I am pleased to announce a new website dedicated to the scholarly study of
stereoscopic (3D) media:

www.stereoscopicmedia.org

Based in the humanities, this website is a resource centre for research on
3D cinema, photography and other media. As the website develops, we aim to
provide an extensive bibliography as well as links to other sources and
projects.

A key part of the website will be a series of research provocations. These
are short, open ended, idea pieces by stereoscopic media scholars. These
provocations are musings and thoughts in progress, intended to spark
response and debate. They ask for comments and questions in order to
stimulate critical discussion in this field.

As part of our initial launch, the first three provocations are

Dr. Leon Gurevitch (Victoria University of Wellington): What is
stereoscopic media?

Dr. Bruce Isaacs (University of Sydney): Technologies of new experience, On
cinema, 3-D and the imaginary

Dr. Miriam Ross (Victoria University of Wellington): Where is the screen?

We welcome further contributions and if you are interested in participating
in any way, please get in touch via the contacts section of the website.

Miriam Ross

--
http://vuw.academia.edu/MiriamRoss