SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 12:53:18 EDT
I'm just back from a vacation, so hope this doesn't repeat earlier
messages.
  Are you aware of/looking at the new tv sit-com starring a woman stand-
up comedienne?  It comes on Tuesdays right after Roseanne (an interesting
spot to put it).  I've only seen it once and unfortunately can't remember
the lead's nor the show's name.  I think "Friends" is in the title--check
TV Guide.   The show I saw was AWFUL.  One of my friends who's up on
women in performance knows the comedienne's work and says she loses a lot of
her funniness in the translation from stage to tube.  I'm SURE there's
something to say there about representations of (funny) women on tv.
Best,
Susan Crutchfield