SCREEN-L Archives

February 2002, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Lou A Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:44:26 -0600
Yes, but there is a limit to how much we can quote of text before we are
required to seek permission.  And in some cases, such as song lyrics, any
quotation must be cleared first.  And images are handled differently from
text.  You must get permission for a photograph or an image of, say,
Mickey Mouse.  The question is, I think, does a frame of a film
constitute a single unit (such as a photograph), or is it merely a
fragment of the larger unit (such as the scene or the film itself).

Lou Ann Thompson
Denton, Texas

"One Law for the Lion and the Ox is Oppression"--William Blake

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite