SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 1

From:
Damon Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 00:28:49 -0500
I'm an undergraduate film student at NYU (New York University) but I do know
that the top three grad schools, recently rated by U.S. News & World Report
are:  USC, NYU, and AFI (American Film Institute - L. A.).  USC & NYU are
tied for first w/ AFI second.  UCLA also has a good program.  In general,
look where the industry is for good film programs.  If you want to work in
Hollywood, go to the West Coast.  If you are more interested in documentary,
independent, or experimental, then NYU would be better.  We are more
production-intensive than the other schools.  Also look at cost, who owns
student's work, equipment used, contacts, etc.

Good Luck!!