SCREEN-L Archives

March 1999, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:06:20 -0700
From:
Sharon Knolle <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Kazan is still vilified because he never apologized OR showed remorse.
(Unlike, say, Sterling Hayden). He still stands by the ridiculous
"communist menace"
defense. Considering that he already won his Best Director Oscar for On the
Waterfront, he should not have been singled out for additional awards.
He's already been recognized by the Academy for his artistic merit.
My 2¢.

Sharon Knolle
Entertainment and Technology Writing
http://www.projectionmag.com/projection/sknolle.htm