Cinema and the City:
An international, three-day conference to be held at
The Centre for Film Studies
University College Dublin
12 - 14 March 1999
FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS:
Deadline for Proposals: 20 November 1998
Confirmation of Speakers and Full Program: 15 December 1998
300 word proposals and short bio by email/fax/post.
- Lecturer in Urban Theory and History at the Southern California Institute
of Architecture, and at the University of Southern California.
- Author of: Prisoners of the American Dream (New York: Verso, 1986); City
of Quartz: Excavating the Future in Los Angeles (New York: Vintage, 1992);
Ecology of Fear: Los Angeles and the Imagination of Disaster (New York:
Henry Holt & Co., 1998).
- Professor of Film, School of Cultural Studies, Sheffield Hallam
- Author of: L'avventura (London: BFI, 1998); editor of The Oxford History
of World Cinema (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1996); co-editor of
Hollywood and Europe: Economics, Culture, National Identity, 1945-95 (London
: BFI Publishing, 1998); The Companion to Italian Cinema (London:
Cassell/British Film Institute, 1996); and other publications.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Centre for Film Studies, University College
- Author of: The Irish Filmography: Fiction Films, 1896-1996 (Dublin: Red
Mountain Press, 1996); Still Irish: A Century of the Irish in Film (Dublin:
Red Mountain Press, 1995); Co-author of The Companion to British and Irish
Cinema, with John Caughie (London: Cassell/British Film Institute, 1996);
Cinema and Ireland, with Luke Gibbons and John Hill (London: Croom Helm,
Please visit our website to see the Call for Papers and
other relevant information: http://www.ucd.ie/~film/conf.htm
Feel free to contact us if you need further details.
Centre for Film Studies, University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Tel. +353.1.7068629 or 7068327
Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
University of Alabama.