SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

From:
Errol Vieth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 1994 15:05:05 +0000
Dear Colleagues

I'm researching fan and other audience profiles and reactions to 50s SF film.
I'd like to know who comprised these audiences and anything about them.
Were they primarily men or women or teenagers?  What were their interests
and motivations? These questions are only examples.  Is it possible to
construct audience profiles that are accurate?

These questions might be stretching the realms of possibilities, but if the
information is around I would like to access it.

Any assistance, whether qualitative or quantitative, anecdotal, personal
(that is, personal reminiscences about viewing SF films), research, or
whatever, would be most welcome and acknowledged.

Any clues about the related activities such viewers participated in, that
is, the intertextual threads, would be extremely useful.

Errol Vieth
Department of Communication and Media Studies/ Faculty of Arts
Central Queensland University
ROCKHAMPTON MC  QLD  4702
AUSTRALIA
e-mail       [log in to unmask]