SCREEN-L Archives

September 1996, Week 4

From:
Alvaro Ramirez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 11:06:35 +0200
Melissa:
Here in Norway, and for the young audience, they are broadcasting a reprise
of "Zorro" the television series. I am tempted to follow it a little and
write something about it. That is a good source if you have access to it.
Scholarly I think there is very little done on the matter.
I saw last year (but I will have to find out with my colleague Jostein
Grisprud, titlle and author) a very interesting tv research program with an
overview of the way Latins have been portrayed in Hollywood's history.
I think it was Paper Tiger who made the program.

At 15:18 17.09.96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello.  My name is Melissa Bahs and I am currently doing research for a
>thesis concerning Hispanic American women in film.  I am having
>difficulty finding films and books.  I am hoping to explore the
>stereotypes that Hollywood perpetuates of the Hispanic American.  ie.
>machismo/gang member/the latin lover/senorita/mexican spitfire etc....
>If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
>Thank you,
>Melissa Bahs
>
>----
>To signoff SCREEN-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF SCREEN-L
>in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]

Alvaro Ramirez-Ospina
Associate Professor
Department of Media Studies -University of Bergen
Fosswinckelsgt 6
5007 Bergen - Norway
Tel:   (47) 55 58 91 35
Fax:   (47) 55 58 91 49