SCREEN-L Archives

June 1999, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Stephen Brantley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 09:59:23 -0500
Hi Paul,
Maybe this will help.

SOURCE (BIBLIOGRAPHIC CITATION):  (1979.) ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF
TECHNOLOGY, NEW YORK. 17 P. REF. EDRS:  ED 175 073; HC (01), MF (01).
PUBLICATION YEAR:  1979 ABSTRACT:  THE RESULT OF AN EXHAUSTIVE REVIEW OF
LITERATURE ON THE SUBJECT OF FILM AUDIENCES, THIS BIBLIOGRAPHY IS INTENDED
TO PROVIDE FILM SCHOLARS WITH A REFERENCE TOOL, TO ACT AS AN IMPETUS FOR
RENEWED RESEARCH INTEREST IN THE OFTEN NEGLECTED AREAS OF FILM AUDIENCE
USES AND GRATIFICATIONS, AND TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE TO UNESCO'S 1961
BIBLIOGRAPHY CONCERNING THE INFLUENCE OF FILM ON CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS.
THE 91 ENTRIES, DRAWN FROM BOTH ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND FOREIGN JOURNALS,
PROVIDE INFORMATION ON A VARIETY OF TOPICS, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
UNITED STATES FILMS AND FOREIGN AUDIENCES, THE NON-FILMGOER, PATTERNS IN
MASS MEDIA USE, FILM PREFERENCES UNDER CONDITIONS OF THREAT, MASS MEDIA IN
AN UNDERDEVELOPED VILLAGE, SOVIET FILM AUDIENCES, HOLLYWOOD FILMS ON THE
BRITISH SCREEN, NEEDS OF MOTION PICTURE AUDIENCES, THE REPEAT AUDIENCE
FORMOVIES ON TELEVISION, FEMALE RESPONSIVENESS TO EROTIC FILMS, THE
BEGINNINGS OF GAY CINEMA IN LOS ANGELES, AND INTRUSIVE AND REPETITIVE
THOUGHT !  !  AFTER A DEPRESSING FILM. LISTS OF SOURCES SEARCHED AND OF
ADDITIONAL BIBLIOGRAPHIES ARE APPENDED.  Abstract Source: ERIC

Stephen Brantley Masters student
Indiana University-- Bloomington
Department of Communication and Culture