SCREEN-L Archives

September 2012, Week 1

From:
Darcey West Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2012 12:18:43 +0000
This week’s In Media Res theme focus is Hip Hop Cinema (September 3-7).

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday, September 3, 2012 - Aaron Dickinson Sachs (Saint Mary’s College of California) presents: Hip-hopsploitation: Representing 1980s Hip-hop in Wild Style and Beat Street

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 - Rachel Raimist (University of Alabama) presents: Bringing Wreck: The Films of Ava Duvernay

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 - Cutler Edwards (UC San Diego) presents: Kung Fu and Cowboys: Hip Hop Cinema in the 1970s?

Thursday, September 6, 2012 - David Z Morris (University of South Florida) presents: Sonoda Kenji’s The Sakura of Madness

Friday, September 7, 2012 - Alyxandra Vesey (University of Wisconsin-Madison) presents: Born in Flames, Reborn on Tour

Theme week organized by Lauren Cramer (Georgia State University).

To receive links for each day’s posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure “like” our newly launched Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask] or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]

Best,
The In Media Res Team

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org