SCREEN-L Archives

April 1998, Week 2

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 12:27:33 -0500
Gloria notes:

>         Happy 100th birthday, Paul Robeson!
>         AMC is honoring this day with a 12 hour film marathon, starting
> this evening at 6:30.  Here's the schedule:
>
>         6:30 PM: *Tales of Manhattan*
>         8:30 PM: *Small Steps, Big Strides: Black Experience in Hollywood*
>         9:30 PM: *Sanders of the River*
>         11:00 PM: *Song of Freedom*
>         1:00 AM: *Big Fella*
>         2:00 AM: *Jericho*
>         3:30 AM: *Borderline*
>         4:30 AM: *Body and Soul*

And to think that 30 years ago, people were debated about whether his
"film contributions" merited a star on Hollywood Blvd!  (Of course,
what they were really concerned about was that he was Black and Red!)
And that--just after I'd walked the dingy Boulevard of Dreams looking
for Hollywood icons and only finding the likes of Jan Murray and Art
Linkletter!  Wrong block, I guess.

Don Larsson