SCREEN-L Archives

July 1997, Week 4

From:
Emmett Winn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 10:12:48 -0500
Greetings all,

The following list contains 8 movies/shorts that a friend has asked me to
try and locate for him for research purposes.  All of the films have some
connection to the Grand Canyon.  I've tried several of the usual outlets but
have come up dry.  I have reason to believe that they may not have been
released on video/LD yet.  So I was hoping that some of you may know how I
might be able to gain access to one or two of them.  I have access to video,
LD, 8mm and 16mm formats but not 35mm (unfortunately).  There is a little
information included with some of the movies which I believe my friend
gleaned from web sources.

Any help with finding access to these films is greatly appreciated.  If you
can help--feel free to contact me either on-list or off (if you'd prefer) at:

Thank you,
Emmett Winn

1) THE BARGAIN (1914) (which was reissued in 1920 as THE TWO-GUN
MAN IN THE BARGAIN): It's a silent film, obviously. Produced by
New York Motion Picture Co./Thomas H. Ince; Directed by Reginald
Barker; Stars: William S. Hart.; Distributed by Paramount Pictures
Corp.

2) A MODERN MUSKETEER (1917) silent. Produced by Douglas Fairbanks
Picture/Paramount (and several others); Directed by Allen Dwan?;
Stars: Douglas Fairbanks

3) JONES FAMILY AT THE GRAND CANYON (1939) 20th Cent. Fox; Stars
Spring Byington; [note: apparently this is part of a serial called
the "Jones Family", and it ran between 1936 and 1940.

4) FAMILY HONEYMOON (1948); Universal International (UI or U-I);
Directed by Claude Binyon; Stars Fred MacMurray and Claudet
Colbert

5) GRAND CANYON (1949) b&W; Lippert Pictures Inc., Dir. Paul
Landres; Stars: Richard Arlen and Marybeth Hughes.

6) GRAND CANYONSCOPE (1954); Walt Disney Prod.; Animated. Donald
Duck.

7) SMOKE SIGNAL (1955); Universal.

8) GRAND CANYON (1958); Walt Disney Prod.; short