SCREEN-L Archives

April 1994

From:
Tom Byers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 1994 01:08:48 EDT
Department of English, University of Louisville
Phone: (502)852-6770 or (502)852-6801. Fax: (502)852-4182.
I'm posting this on the list rather than to J. Crill personally so that others
thers who agree will know that such a response has already been sent. Some
something: it's a discussion group. Your notion of its function seems to me
far toonarrow. 2) I, for one, am very often interested in the responses to
questions I didn't pose--for instance, the one about couples and violence. I
enjoy seeing others' responses, and learn from them. 3) Re issues where one
has little interest, one can always just delete messages whose subject lines
indicate that they're responses on those issues. 4) Actually, I think the list
has gotten pretty boring lately because it has been too much confined just to
inquiries--I hope that soon we can get another good discussion going on a
particular film, like recent ones on THE PIANO and SCHINDLER'S LIST. 5) I
think the "dial-a-porn" and "phone sex" references are pretty insulting to
those of us who have been responding in good faith.

bitnet tbbyer01@ulkyvm; internet [log in to unmask]
Thomas B. Byers
Department of English/University of Louisville
Louisville KY 40292