SCREEN-L Archives

October 2004, Week 2

From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 22:35:19 -0400
I was curious if anyone in film studies actually LIKES _Black Hawk Down_.  Every film studies student I've encountered, both undergraduate in Indianapolis and graduate in Staten Island, has had nothing but bad things to say about it, while I have massive "unhelpful" votes on Amazon for my lenghty and cogent negative assessment of the film, which got me some hate mail when it was new and not as far down the list.  A bunch of people told me I was incompetent at writing film reviews and didn't have any business reviewing it if I hadn't served in the military (which I produly have not done).

I heard it's George W. Bush's favorite movie.

Scott

Sent via the WebMail system at cix.csi.cuny.edu

http://www.ScreenSite.org