SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

Sender:
From:
Rod Carveth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 13:18:00 EDT
Guy Rosefelt

RE:  Comment to Denise about cable.  Don't you think the tone of
your comment about taping films for her was just a little bit
patronizing?  I would really not like to see another in a series
of flamethrowing erupt here.

FYI, Bravo is not available on many cable systems.  It's not very
popular, and on systems with only 35-44 channels, often is left off in
favor of shopping or PPV channels.  In terms of PBS, that also depends
on where you are at.  WNET in NYC runs a lot of independent films, but
the PBS affiliate in Hartford runs very few.

If you want proof, and you're very, very nice, maybe I can xerox a few
TV Guides for you.

Rod Carveth      "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
                 H.S. Thompson