SCREEN-L Archives

August 1991

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1991 19:08:54 CDT
I'm in the process of working with the Society for Cinema Studies and
the University Film and Video Association to see if either of these
academic societies would like to co-sponsor SCREEN-L.  I figure a
listserv would be ideal for distributing announcements of conferences,
job openings, journal calls for papers and the like.  Even papers
themselves could be distributed if we set up a file server to accompany
the SCREEN-L listserv.

Could the SCS and/or UFVA members on SCREEN-L drop me a note at the
address below (please don't use REPLY, unless you want the entire list
to know of your membership), so that I could get a sense of how many of
these folks are already aware of SCREEN-L.

Thanks.  And if anyone would like to help set up liasons with SCS and
UFVA, please notify me.  SCS has already set up an ad hoc committee to
look into the idea.

          America is the greatest of opportunities and the
          worst of influences.
                                  --George Santayana--

|                                      | Bitnet   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
|                                      | GEnie    :           J.BUTLER27 |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |