SCREEN-L Archives

September 2001, Week 3

Sender:
From:
Leo Enticknap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:19:32 +0100
Barry Dornfeld writes:

>Is anyone aware of any good writing about Berlin: Symphony of a City, by
>Walter Ruttman? Aside from the reference in Barnouw, I am not aware of any
>good material about this film.

There's a brief section in Lotte Eisner's 'L'Ecran Demoniaque' (not
included in the 1970s English translation, but it does appear in the 1981
German version, 'Die Damonische Leinwand').

Leo
Dr. Leo Enticknap
Director, Northern Region Film and Television Archive
School of Law, Arts and Humanities
Room M616, Middlesbrough Tower
University of Teesside
Middlesbrough  TS1 3BA