SCREEN-L Archives

February 1998, Week 2

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:44:35 -0600
Larry Jarvik asks:

 Where are colorized films being
> shown these days?

AMC, for one place!  They showed a colorized CASABLANCA (!) just the
other day.  I agree that the controversy has died down, perhaps because
if someone wants to see an older film they want to see it as it was.
All the colorizing and enhancing in the world wouldn't draw *my*
students until they learned that a film made before 1980 was worth
watching in the first place.

Don Larsson

Donald Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite