SCREEN-L Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Sharon Knolle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:02:04 -0700
She's in luck -- I think Anubis figures heavily in the new "The Mummy Returns" -- out this May.

I'd also recommend a children book favorite (never filmed as far as I know) -- one of the Alfred Hitchcock Three Investigators series
"The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy" -- it's what started my lifelong interest in things Egyptian. I definitely recall an Anubis-headed figure or two in the book and on the cover.

Cheers,
Sharon Knolle
(You can also make you friend jealous by telling her I recently saw the Boris Karloff "Mummy" and  the non-Karloff follow-up "The Mummy's Hand" at the Egyptian Theater on Hollywood Blvd. :->)