SCREEN-L Archives

March 2015, Week 2

From:
Sean Redmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2015 23:04:30 +0000
Volume 6, Issue 1: Celebrity Studies
Special Issue: Audiences for stardom and celebrity
Editorial, Martin Barker, Su Holmes & Sarah Ralph:

Audiences for stardom and celebrity<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995894#abstract>

Andreas Widholm & Karin Becker:
Celebrating with the celebrities: television in public space during two royal weddings<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995897#abstract>

Sarah Ralph:
Using stars, not just 'reading' them: the roles and functions of film stars in mother-daughter relations<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995466#abstract>

Ana Jorge:
  <http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995467#abstract>
'Cristiano Ronaldo is cheap chic, Twilight actors are special': young audiences of celebrities, class and locality
Sofia Johansson:
Celebrity culture and audiences: a Swedish case study <http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995469#abstract>
Tom Phillips:
<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995470#abstract>
Wrestling with grief: fan negotiation of professional/private personas in responses to the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide
Amanda K. Kehrberg:
<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995472#abstract>
'I love you, please notice me': the hierarchical rhetoric of Twitter fandom
Su Holmes, Sarah Ralph, & Sean Redmond: <http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995898#abstract> <http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995898#abstract> <http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995472#abstract>
<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995898#abstract>
Swivelling the spotlight: stardom, celebrity and 'me'

Cultural Report

Samita Nandy:
<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.1005348#abstract>
Theatre, performance, and memories in fame
<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.995894#abstract>

Forum Special: Feminism and Contemporary Celebrity Culture
Hannah Hamad & Anthea Taylor:
<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.1005382#abstract>
Introduction: feminism and contemporary celebrity culture
<http://www.tandfonline.com/action/doSearch?Contrib=Hamad%2C+H>
Nathalie  Weidhase:
<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.1005389#abstract>
'Beyoncé feminism' and the contestation of the black feminist body
Jessalynn & Jessica Ringrose:
'But then feminism goes out the window!': exploring teenage girls' critical response to celebrity feminism<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.1005402#abstract>

Shelley Cobb:
Is this what a feminist looks like? Male celebrity feminists and the postfeminist politics of 'equality'<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19392397.2015.1005405#abstract>

Plus some wonderful book reviews:

Best wishes,

 Sean & Su

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.