SCREEN-L Archives

September 2003, Week 5

From:
Christopher Nuzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:02:58 -0400
One thing: Roger Ebert is an *investor* in MaxiVision, so he is
certainly not unbiased in this matter. As for digital video not
"stimulating us mentally" in the same manner as film, the very idea
seems ludicrous to me. I think that the content of the images in
question is far more important in initiating mental stimulation than
whether the images are encoded digitally or on celluloid. That is an
aesthetic issue. If Mr. Ebert finds digital video to be lacking in this
area, perhaps he is thinking about it too much, and thereby causing a
placebo effect of sorts.

Chris Nuzzi

http://www.ScreenSite.org