SCREEN-L Archives

August 2007, Week 3

Sender:
From:
Ken Mogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:15:17 +1000
SCREEN-L readers may want to consult the following URL (the News &
Comment page of the 'MacGuffin' website:
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/news-home_c.html) for three recent
announcements, more or less Hitchcock-related.  They occur at the head
of the News section, about a quarter of the way down the page.  They
concern: (1) a CFP on behalf of the Northeast Modern Languages
Association (NeMLA) Conference to be held in Buffalo, New York, April
10-13, 2008.  The topic is "The Image of the Prostitute in Film and
Popular Culture".  ((This particular announcement was sent to me by my
friend Dr Ted Price with a request that I disseminate it widely.)  (2) A
call for contributions, including book and DVD reviews, to a new
journal, 'Science Fiction Film and Television', which is biannual and
peer-reviewed, and published by Liverpool University Press.   (3) A
forthcoming major Hitchcock exhibition  (September 28 - December 9),
called "Casting a Shadow: Creating the Alfred Hitchcock Film", to be
held at the Northwestern University's Block Museum of Art in Evanston,
Illinois - and later, in 2008, at the AMPAS in Beverly Hills, California.

I take this opportunity to mention that on the same webpage, near the
top, are recent "Editor's Week" entries by yours truly on a variety of
Hitchcock topics.  (One of them, on Hitchcock's cameo in PSYCHO, took
'inspiration, I think, from correspondence to SCREEN-L a couple of
months ago.)  Films referred to include: CHAMPAGNE, FOREIGN
CORRESPONDENT, EASY VIRTUE, PSYCHO, Murnau's SUNRISE, THE BIRDS, and THE
SKIN GAME.

Thanks - Ken Mogg (Ed., 'The MacGuffin')

http://www.ScreenSite.org