SCREEN-L Archives

February 2002, Week 4

From:
"J. Emmett Winn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 07:34:37 -0600
In a related vein.  I understand the need for video grabs to film scholars but
sometimes the use of (what I think are commonly called) production stills or
publicity photos will suffice for some general discussion of a film or
character.  For example, a book on some aspect of the Star Trek films might
want to include a publicity photo of Shatner in his Starfleet uniform.

Does anyone know the "rules" for the use of these types of photos in books or
journals?

Many thanks,
Emmett Winn
Auburn University