SCREEN-L Archives

August 2012, Week 4

From:
Darcey West Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:31:25 +0000
This week’s In Media Res theme focus is Media Nostalgia (August 27-31).

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday, August 27, 2012 - Paul Benzon (Temple University) presents: Hipster Archaeology

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - Victoria Kearley (University of Southampton) presents: Nostalgic Images of Mexican Masculinity in the Films of Robert Rodriguez: From El Mariachi to Machete

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - Ryan Lizardi (Penn State University) presents: The Increasing Instant Nostalgia in Mediated Sports

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - Michael D. Dwyer (Arcadia University) presents: Raphael Saadiq’s Soul Memories

Friday, August 31, 2012 - Matthew Stoddard (University of Minnesota) presents: Film as Matter (or, Against Indexicality)

Theme week organized by Jason Derby (Georgia State University).

To receive links for each day’s posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure “like” our newly launched Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask] or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]

Best,
The In Media Res Team