SCREEN-L Archives

June 2015, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2015 09:29:33 -0700

	TAKE 25% OFF OUR ENTIRE COLLECTION OF IBERO AMERICAN FILMS, INCLUDING
NEW RELEASES AND DIGITAL LICENSING!!

	USE THE CODE ¨END¨ AT CHECKOUT. Offer valid until June 30, 2015.

	Take advantage of this opportunity to own our Ibero American features
at a special price, including our most requested classics and recent
bestsellers!

	7 BOXES (Paraguay) by Juan Carlos Maneglia & Tana Schémbori
A 17-year-old delivery boy is offered a chance to deliver 7 boxes with
unknown contents for $100 US dollars. But what sounds like an easy job
soon becomes complicated. Reminiscent of Slumdog Millionaire, 7 Boxes
was declared a film of cultural interest by the National Secretary of
Culture of Paraguay. ORDER ONLINE AT http://pragda.com/films/7-boxes
[1].

	"This powerful and unusual action film is recommended". T. Keogh,
VIDEOLIBRARIAN

	BAD HAIR (Venezuela) by Mariana Rondon
A nine-year-old boys preening obsession with straightening his hair
elicits a tidal wave of homophobic panic in his hard-working mother,
in this tender but clear-eyed coming-of-age tale. ORDER ONLINE AT
http://pragda.com/films/bad-hair [2].

	“Critic’s Pick [A] little gem of a film". NEW YORK TIMES

	I THOUGHT IT WAS A PARTY (Argentina, Spain) by Victoria Giraldi
How long is the ex-partner of a friend untouchable? An honest and
poignant commentary on friendship. The film is also  about the search
for love, loneliness, fear, guilt, and the world of women. The film
stars Elena Anaya (The Skin I Live In) as Ana, an actress who falls in
love with her best friends ex-husband. ORDER ONLINE AT
http://pragda.com/films/i-thought-it-was-a-party [3].

	"Good performances and exquisite good taste". – Jonathan Holland,
THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

	YVY MARAEY: LAND WITHOUT EVIL (Bolivia) by Juan Carlos Valdivia
A Bolivian filmmaker and a Guaraní Indian travel together through the
forests of southeastern Bolivia to make a film about the Guaraní
people. Far from observing another culture, we are watched and
questioned about our identity in a country undergoing enormous social,
political, and historical change as it struggles to create an
intercultural society. ORDER ONLINE AT
http://pragda.com/films/yvy-maraey-land-without-evil [4].

	“Juan Carlos Valdivia exposes an indigenous richness almost
forgotten in Bolivia". EL UNIVERSAL

	THE FACILITATOR (Ecuador, Chile) by Victor Arregui
A political thriller about human rights, The Facilitator is one of the
most successful films to come out of Ecuador in the last few years.
After a close call with the law, Elena is sent to spend some time with
her grandfather at the familys estate. There, she meets her childhood
friend Galo, who now promotes water access rights for the indigenous
community. ORDER ONLINE AT http://pragda.com/films/the-facilitator
[5].

	For more titles visit http://pragda.com/films [6].
For questions, email [log in to unmask] [7] or call United States
(718) 473-0647. Offer expires June 30, 2015.

	ABOUT PRAGDA
PRAGDA is a cultural initiative that specializes in offering Latin
American and Spanish films of educational interest for students,
instructors and librarians. To learn more about Pragda, visit
www.pragda.com [8].

Links:
------
[1] http://pragda.com/films/7-boxes