SCREEN-L Archives

June 2009, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Michelle Langford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:35:50 +1000
Hi there,
I know a few of you out there have contacted me over the years to ask about whether any of Werner Schroeter's films are available on DVD. I have some good news.

1. Filmgalerie 451 have released 'Palermo oder Wolfsburg' on DVD with English subtitles, and I believe they will also release Nuit de Chien after it finishes its theatrical release later this year. (I just watched Palermo and it is a pretty good transfer).

2. The Filmmuseum in Munich are working to bring out a larger series of Schroeter's films on DVD with English subtitles as they have for Alexander Kluge, however this looks like a huge job as they have to restore most of the prints and colour grading apparently is proving to be difficult.

If anyone else hears any more news, I'd love to hear from you.
Michelle

Dr Michelle Langford
Lecturer -- Film Studies
School of English, Media and Performing Arts
The University of New South Wales
Sydney 2052 Australia
Room: Webster 311O
Phone: + 61 2 9385 4489