SCREEN-L Archives

March 1999, Week 4

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:12:44 -0500
I think I understood the excuse was that Paltrow played four roles--Viola,
the guy she pretended to be, Romeo, and Juliet.  I, too, found that it was
not a particularly deep role.  I don't think Robert Carlyle will win Best
Actor for Colquhoun/Ives in _Ravenous_, though that was a role much more
striking.  I thought Blanchett should have won without question.  I had
never heard of her prior to _Elizabeth_, and I think others may have felt
the same way, and that proved an impact on the votes, if a silly one.

Scott

Scott Andrew Hutchins
http://php.iupui.edu/~sahutchi
Oz, Monsters, Kamillions, and More!

"Colorless green ideas sleep furiously."--Noam Chomsky