SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Rand Flory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 1994 12:44:39 -0400
Hi Friends,

The director of the local theater group told me that she does not enjoy
films directed by Clint Eastwood because his pacing is too slow for action
films. A recent posting to comp.graphics said that Speilberg paces his
computer graphics in such a manner that he is able to use minimal graphics
for maximum impact.

Although I understand the term "pacing" in general, I am unable to fully
grasp what it is that a director will do to actively change the pacing in a
motion picture. Any help (email, postings, suggestions of articles or books,
etc) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks . . .

Peace,

Rand