SCREEN-L Archives

January 2006, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Janet Staiger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:32:49 -0600
Please reply to my colleague, Leo Zonn <[log in to unmask]> or
me.  Thanks, Janet Staiger

Hey folks,

This may seem like a pedestrian idea, but I am supposed to help out with a
list of films that center on Chicago, from the mainstream to the less
so.  Could you send me any suggestions you might have that would add to the
below list?  The turnaround time is just a day or two, so if you get this
after tomorrow (Saturday), forget it.

1---The Blues Brothers.
2---The Untouchables
3---High Fidelity.
4---Ferris Bueller's Day Off
5---The Fugitive (PG-13), 127 minutes.  Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones, and
that drain pipe
6---North by Northwest (1959)
7---Flatliners (1989)
8---Streets of Fire (1983)
9---I-Robot (2003)
10---The Road to Perdition (2001)
11---Love and Action in Chicago (1989)
12---The Sting
13---Hoop Dreams

Thanks!
Leo

**********************************
Leo Zonn, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Geography and the Environment
The University of Texas at Austin
1 University Station A3100
Austin, TX 78712-1098

Phone: (512) 232-1586
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/geography/

Janet Staiger
William P. Hobby Centennial Professor in Communication and
         Professor of Women's and Gender Studies
Department of Radio-Television-Film (CMA 6.128)
University of Texas at Austin
One University Station A0800
Austin, TX 78712
512-471-6653