SCREEN-L Archives

December 2020, Week 3

From:
"Peaslee, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 2020 16:33:00 +0000
Dear Colleagues Far and Wide,

With my apologies for cross-posting, please allow me to bring your attention to the below opportunity to join the College of Media & Communication at Texas Tech University as Assistant Director of the Thomas Jay Harris Institute for Hispanic and International Communication (HIHIC).

This is a discipline-agnostic Assistant Professor of Practice appointment, meaning that we welcome applications from a wide variety of professional, research, and educational backgrounds in media and communication (journalism, strategic communication, documentary, creative production, communication studies, etc.), provided applicants’ experiences and/or expertise align with the mission and values of the HIHIC.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any preliminary questions or contact the search co-chairs indicated below.

Best,
Rob

https://www.depts.ttu.edu/comc/about/employment/professor-of-practice-hispanic-media.php

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE IN HISPANIC MEDIA
REQ# 22512BR
The College of Media & Communication at Texas Tech University seeks an Assistant Professor of Practice in Hispanic Media. The position is affiliated with the Thomas Jay Harris Institute for Hispanic and International Communication<https://www.depts.ttu.edu/comc/research/hihic/> which studies and offers programs in Hispanic and international/intercultural communication. This position will be hired as a media and communication generalist who will offer courses in Hispanic and multicultural media as well as core courses. We seek an energetic master teacher who will support the Institute, mentor students, and assist in managing Institute initiatives such as external grant applications and programs and projects, including the International Journal of Hispanic Media (www.internationalhispanicmedia.org<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.internationalhispanicmedia.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7CRobert.Peaslee%40ttu.edu%7Ca07d6fb78edc4de0db7c08d8a13fa5cc%7C178a51bf8b2049ffb65556245d5c173c%7C0%7C0%7C637436642167258210%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=9%2F%2FPU0spCfdPzJ63cXJpgsWXKcLIb534Qf4brOxor7o%3D&reserved=0>).

The search committee co-chairs are Dr. Kent Wilkinson, Thomas Jay Harris Professor of Hispanic and International Communication and Dr. Todd Chambers, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs.

Questions may be addressed to them at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

———————————————————————
Robert Moses Peaslee, PhD
[he, him, his]
Associate Professor & Chair
Department of Journalism & Creative Media Industries

Now available:
THE SUPERVILLAIN READER (co-editor with Robert G. Weiner)
University Press of Mississippi
Online: www.upress.state.ms.us/Books/T/The-Supervillain-Reader<http://www.upress.state.ms.us/Books/T/The-Supervillain-Reader>

Coordinator, TTU International Film Series
Faculty Affiliate, Thomas Jay Harris Institute for Hispanic and International Communication
Area Chair - Graphic Novels, Comics, & Popular Culture - Southwest Popular/American Culture Association

College of Media & Communication
Texas Tech University
MS 3082
Lubbock, TX 79409