SCREEN-L Archives

August 1994

From:
Susan C Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 1994 09:42:22 -0700
A new collection, _Multiple Voices In Feminist Film Criticism_, Diane
Carson, Linda Dittmar, and Janice Welsch, eds., might be of help to you in
your search.  I've found this to be a really great reference book,
because in addition to the dozens of essays on films by
and about women, it has a  section of course files which include
bibliographies and  filmographies on several different topics. Some of
the names not yet mentioned which jump out at me in leafing through the book
include:  Lois Weber, Alice Guy-Blache, Shirley Clarke, Julie Dash, and
Trinh T. Minh-ha.  I suspect you'd find more if you dug through this
volume a bit.

Susan Courtney, Rhetoric Dept., UC Berkeley