SCREEN-L Archives

November 1998, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:01:08 -0500
At Bunk Films we're planning to shoot a script called _Santa's Last Stand_
in which two kids tie up their dad (apparently dressed as Santa Claus,
though I haven't read it) and interrogate him on the truth about
everything from Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny to the rhythm method.
I think the dad is to be played by Charles Taggart, and I know the
daughter is to be played by Andrea Emerson.  I'm considering playing the
son, but I'll have to see the script to make sure.  I think Tino Marquez
Jr. is going to direct it.  It was written by someone named Toney (sic),
but I don't know him, or his last name.  Just thought I'd mention this...

Scott

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, kelly abbott wrote:

> On a lighter note...
> I've been writing a column on films for a comedic magazine.  Soon we'll be
> producing a December marathon that includes a new article ever day of
> December.  An advent calendar, actually.  Anyway, I plan on making my
> regular Christmas reviews but also had an idea to write about Santa Claus in
> film throughout the years.
> What I'm asking screen-l, h-film all my friends and readers to help me with,
> is to compile a record of all the weirdest Santa Clause imagery they can
> remember form films past.  Myself, I can only think of a few.  The "Dream
> Santas" in The City of the Lost Children, the "Rude Santa" in A Christmas
> Story.  But I'm drawing blanks after that.  I seem to remember, a Terrorist
> Santa from Christmas past, and didn't Chevy Chase do Santa once.  Was it SNL
> or the Vacation movie?   Oh, and Gremlins featured Gremlin Santas.  That's a
> prime example.  See where I'm going?
> If you could forward your suggestions, so that I can fortify my article, I'd
> be grateful indeed.  Also, feel free to write me personally about any
> memorable Chistmas film experiences.  My editor mentioned that he kept his
> ticket stub from the Muppet Christmas Story from way back.  When he looked
> through his albums recently he noticed that the stub had been torn just so,
> leaving "Muppet Christ" legible.  "Now that's a movie I want to see!" he
> joked.
> Get the picture?
> Thanks
> Kelly