SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Shawn Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 1994 17:23:39 -0700
On Fri, 2 Sep 1994, Wen Machaver wrote:

> I am seeking the names of movies, preferably, but not exclusively,
> American-made that contain a scene or scenes in a Confessional.

Try Ulu Grosbard's TRUE CONFESSIONS.  A priest's borther comes into the
confessional to make a personal apology to the priest (something like,
'forgive me for embarassing my brother in public') and another character
comes into the confessional to threaten the priest.

Also, the 'And then There Were None'-style thriller THE LAST OF SHIELA
contains some very creepy stuff in a confessional where James Coburn
hides out to scare his yacht guests.

Shawn Levy