SCREEN-L Archives

April 2001, Week 1

From:
James Monaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 15:25:19 -0400
Dear Screen-L,

I'd be very interested in your reaction to the DVD-ROM version of How
To Read a Film. (I gather from the discussion about introductory
texts several week ago that very few of you use the book, but you
might find the DVD-ROM edition attractive for other reasons.)

I've arranged a significant discount off the list price for Screen-L
participants, available at http://readfilm.com/screen-L

Examination copies of the disc are not available because we aren't
sure if we'll sell more than one per school. But if you do order it
for your classes, of course the original purchase will be credited.

(Of course, examination copies of the book version are readily
available from the publisher, Oxford University Press:
1-800-445-9714, or [log in to unmask] )

And you can always return the disc for full credit if you find it is
not useful.

The disc recently won the "DVD Excellence" award of the DVD
Association. And in the only review that has so far appeared, Editor
Randy Pitman writes in Video Librarian, "I would be an utter
fibmeister if I didn't admit that I rolled around in this disc like a
happy pig in mud for hours on end and am looking forward to more.
Highly recommended!"

You can reach me at this email with any questions or comments. You
can find out more at http://readfilm.com

Thanks.

James Monaco