SCREEN-L Archives

October 1993

Sender:
From:
William Andrew Laurence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1993 14:38:59 -0700
> Can listmembers advise what documentaries or fiction-films work well in
> introductory college communications classes in presenting the basic facts
 about
> the McCarthy era to college students who have hardly heard of it?

In the fiction category, how about "Guilty By Suspicion"? Not perhaps
brilliant, but definitely shows how McCarthyism poisoned Hollywood.

| Andrew Laurence                  Oakland, California USA |
| [log in to unmask]        Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) |
| Phone: (510) 547-6647                Fax: (510) 547-8002 |
| I'm not a leftist, but I play one on TV.                 |